THE 2017 PHU MY HUNG YOUNG TALENTS CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
THE 2017 PHU MY HUNG YOUNG TALENTS CONTEST
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The 2017 Phu My Hung Young Talents Contest is designed as one activity of The 2017 Phu My Hung – Children’s Day organized by Phu My Hung Development Corporation.
- The contest encourages children to show off their talents and special skills and build up their confidence.
- And it’s going to be fun, engaging, memorable and valuable to all children.
II. CONTESTANTS & ACTS
- The 2017 Phu My Hung Young Talents Show is open to Vietnamese and foreign children and youth ages 4 to 15 years (born in 2002~2013) who are living in HCMC.
- Categories of acts: music, dance, instrumental, magic acts and any other form of talent. Foreign children are encouraged to use English when performaning. Lyrics, costumes and performances should be compliant with the Vietnamese customs and age-appropriate.
III. REGISTRATION GUIDE
- Receipt of competition entry forms: 20/04/2017 ~ 19/05/2017
- Contestants may participate in one act only, whether alone or as part of a group.
- Contestants may use any of the following methods to register:
1. Log onto our website www.sukienphumyhung.com.vn, download the Entry form, fill in all required information and send it:
+ Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
+ By post: Organizer of The 2017 Phu My Hung Young Talents Show
Phu My Hung Development Corporation, Floor 10, Lawrence S. Ting Building
801 Nguyễn Văn Linh Parkway, Tân Phú Ward, District 7, HCMC
2. Receive the Entry form personally at:
Phu My Hung Development Corporation
Floor 10, 801 Nguyễn Văn Linh Parkway, Tân Phú Ward, District 7, HCMC
Tel: 5411.9999 – Ext. 961/954 - Thùy Vy/Lan Anh
- After you successfully submit your registration, you will receive Organizer’s confirmation and a contestant number.
*Notes: By entering a Submission, Contestant represents, warrants and agrees that the Submission is their own work, and complies with these Contest Rules and Regulations.
IV. REQUIREMENTS OF ACTS
1- General rules
- Participants and Parent/guardian must be present at all the sessions of the competitions at least 20 minutes prior to starting time.
- Contestants must provide all other needed equipment, recorded music, instruments, props, etc., if needed. Recorded music must be on a CD or USB flash drive in an acceptable format (i.e. MP3 or WAV file). Please label the CD with the contestant’s name(s), song name, and artist/composer.
- Contestants must be in good health during the competition.
- Only microphones and a sound system will be provided by the Organizer. You must discuss any special needs or set up requirements in advance with the Organizer 05 days prior to performance day and can only proceed if approved.
- Safety of participants of all acts must be ensured.
- Acts must not run more than 5 minutes.
2- Musical performance
- Contestants must prepare by yourself needed equipment for the acts (recorded music, lyrics, song title, song writer’s name).
- Contestants may participate in act whether alone or as part of a group, with or without background music….
- Due to set-up time limitations (only 5 minutes), complicated instruments are not allowed on stage (i.e full drum sets…).
- Any other special needs should be discussed in advance with the Organizer 05 days prior to performance day.
3- Acts of other forms of talent (comedy, magic acts, puppetry, dance, acrobatics…): Contestants must provide your recorded background music. Recorded music must be on a CD or USB flash drive in an acceptable format (i.e. MP3 or WAV file). Please label the CD with the contestant’s name(s), song name, and artist/composer.
4- Acts that involve animals
- All animals (quantity, type…) involve in the acts must be pre-registered with the Organizer.
- All animals must be under supervision of owner, on a leash or in cage at all times when not on stage; and must have proof of current vaccinations.
V. ROUNDS OF CONTEST
Contestants will compete in the following rounds:
Date & Time: May 20, 2017, 2PM ~ 5PM
Location: Main stage area, The Crescent, Phu My Hung
The Judges will choose 10 to 15 outstanding contestants to compete in the Final Round. All contestants who make it to the Final Round will receive gifts from the Organizer.
2- Final Round & Awards Ceremony
Date & Time: May 21, 2017, 9AM ~ 12PM
Location: Main stage area, The Crescent, Phu My Hung
VI. PRIZES: Total amount of prizes: VND 33,000,000
- 01 First Place: VND 10,000,000 + VND 3,000,000 Voucher for a course at Erato School
- 01 Second Place: VND 6,000,000 + VND 2,000,000 Voucher for a course at Erato School
- 01 Third Place: VND 3,000,000 + VND 1,000,000 Voucher for a course at Erato School
- 03 Consolation Places: VND 2,000,000 + Gifts
*Notes: + Winners will also receive Certificates of Award from the Contest Organizer.
+ Winners will be sole responsible for paying any relevant taxes.
+ Vouchers for courses at Erato School cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash.
VII. RESPONSIBILITIES AND RIGHTS OF THE ORGANIZER
- A panel of qualified, competent judges will judge all performances. Judging panel does not include members of the Organizer, competition producers or individuals related to any act in the competition.
- The Organizer reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all contestants and to disqualify any contestant if they have reasonable grounds to believe the contestant has breached any of these Rules and Regulations.
- The Organizer holds the right to use performers name and/or photo for promotional purposes in any media or any further publicity photos.
- The Organizer holds the right to allow the Phu My Hung Youth Talents Competition’s partners and sponsors to use performers name and/or photo for promotional purposes in any media or any further publicity photos.
- The Organizer holds the right to request contest winners to show proof of age such as original Birth Certificate/ID Card) (when neccessary) to verify the Submission.
- All decisions of the contest Organizer, Judges regarding any and all aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects.
- The Organizer will - without need of contestant’s approval – be entitled to make any alterations to the Contest Rules and Regulations.
- The Organizer assumes no responsibility for any expense, meals, transportation or rooms of any contestant.
VI. ORGANIZER’S POINT OF CONTACT
- Should you have any inquiry, contact us at:
· Tel: 5411.9999 – Ext.: 961 or 0943.000.350 (Ms. Thùy Vy)
Ext.: 954 or 0969.284.557 (Ms. Lan Anh)
Or visit our website: www.sukienphumyhung.com.vn